Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2014 October 28

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. (Isaiah 6:1-5)

Today's Morsel: Probably one of the saddest days in a person's life is when they discover that they really didn't know him/herself.  This can happen when you explode on someone in anger or outrage.  You do something that you get caught at, not realizing you were not as close to God as you thought.  You send a defaming email or gossip about someone else.  These things are a self-sign that you have allowed things to get into your heart that you may not have been aware of.  When Isaiah got a glimpse into heaven, he realized that he was a man of unclean lips.  Why didn't he know it before?  He realized that if at that very moment he had to appear before God, he was in trouble.  This is the wrong time in one's life to discover himself, when they have to stand before God.  The Rich Young Ruler thought that he was good to go, only to discover that he was attached to his stuff.   I wonder if this is why Lot's wife looked back, because she was attached to her stuff.  Isaiah cried, "Woe is me."  Luckily for him, it wasn't the final judgment when he discovered himself.

Sing:  Don't let me forget where You found me, let me remember You had to reach way down; let me toil till I'm footsore, let me search till I'm weary, but don't let me stand without a star in my crown.    

Thought for Today: The saddest day in a person's life is when he discovers that he did not know himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment