Thursday, October 30, 2014

2014 October 30 - Morning Manna

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life. Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:1-8)

Today's Morsel: Reading Paul's letter here to the Church at Philippi, he calls for the church to help the women which labor with him.   I  have noticed since I have been saved, that there are more women in the church than men.  I believe that every church should recognize the women in their churches for the things that they do, and give them help when they need it.  I really appreciate the things the ladies in the church I pastor do.  One of the ladies I feel that needs to be recognized is the pastor's or minister's wife. Most people don't realize that the ministers' wives probably take more heat seeking missiles of bad attitudes and bad words then the husbands themselves do.  Some people read the scripture, "Touch not mine anointing and do my prophet no harm," but they don't think that that applies to his wife or children.  I wonder what God thinks about those attacks?  Paul tells us, "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:27-29).  If we would all realize that we are laborers together with Christ, we would help one another in every way that we can. Especially, our sisters.

Sing: You're my brother, you're my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work until He comes; There's no foe that can defeat us, when we're walking side by side, as long as there is love we can stand.

Thought for Today: There is but one body. Where do you fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment