Thursday, September 9, 2010

2010 September 9 - Morning Manna

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (3 John 1:4)

Today's Morsel: We recently made a trip to Uganda a few weeks ago where we went to help our missionaries there with training of new ministers and saints. I was filled with much joy when I saw so many of the men and woman who have continued in the Truth since I was there teaching in early 2009. They seem to have grasped the Truth and are continuing to go forth in that Truth. When I listened to their victory reports of what the Lord had done, I felt as John did when he said, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." If you have taught people Truth, and they continue in Truth, their results will be truth. But if you teach them err and they continue in err, Jesus said that they become two-fold the child of hell. Jesus said, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:31-32). The Word is Truth (John 17:17) and Jesus is the Truth (John 14:6), and the Word made flesh (John 1:14). If you teach people who Jesus was and is, they will know the Truth and able to make themselves free from the grip and snares of Satan who has taken them captive at his will. Just what are you teaching your children? As Moses admonishes us, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates" (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). Solomon said that we should, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6). And the Apostle Paul said that fathers should not provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4). Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? If you will, then Jesus will be with you.

Sing: I have found the way. I have found the way. O' Glory hallelujah, I have found the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment