Monday, September 6, 2010

2010 September 6 - Morning Manna

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30) .

For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. (Isaiah 28:11-12).

Today's Morsel: Today is a time that Americans celebrate Labor Day. It is a holiday given for them to rest from their labor. Many will celebrate with picnics and family get togethers. Even Jesus told His Disciple to come apart and rest a while from their labor. I believe that we all need to take some time from our labor and refresh ourselves so that we are more effective for the kingdom. Jesus calls for us to come to Him during our labor so that He can give us rest. Why not heed Jesus' advice today and enjoy some time with Him and allow Him to refresh you with His Spirit.

Sing: As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul, longeth after Thee. You alone are my heart's desires, and I long to worship you.

No comments:

Post a Comment