Saturday, September 4, 2010

2010 September 4 - Morning Manna

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).


Today's Morsel: How much rest do you get per day? Do you get the eight hours that Jesus has ordained for you to have? I often hear people saying, "I'm so tired;" or "I have trouble sleeping;" or "I wish I could rest." Why have so many gotten themselves into such a hustle and bustle that they can't rest? Have you allowed this world to cause you to get yourself into a knot that now you can't rest? Have you allowed the work of the Lord to consume you to a point that you can't rest? The work of the Lord is very important, but even Jesus told His disciples to come apart into a desert place and rest awhile. In other words, in the desert there is nothing for you to do and you can get the rest you need. He told them to get away from it all and rest awhile. Jesus said that if you come to Him, He will give you rest. You see, to come to Jesus isn't talking about coming to Him in prayer or seeking Him for more directions. What Jesus is saying is that if you come to Him and just sit and listen for a while, you'll get rest. Your mind can become full with all the things you have to do if you keep adding and adding to yourself. He told Martha, "Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her"(Luke 10:41-42). If you have too many things you are trying to accomplish at once, your mind is going to become tired, and you are going to become weary, and you are not going to be able to get rest, because you will always be thinking of the things you have to do. You should prioritize your tasks and work on them one at a time or get someone else to help you. You shouldn't overload those who are helping you with what you want done, as they too will become tired and restless. Short tempers, poor attitudes, and stress are all signs of needing rest. The psalmist said, "It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep" (Psalms 127:2). The Lord said that the Holy Ghost is the rest for the weary soul, and that it is the refreshing (Isaiah 28:11-12).

Sing: 1. I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, And the voice I hear falling on my ear, The Son of God discloses. (Chorus)

2. He speaks and the sound of His voice, is so sweet the birds hush their singing, and the melody that He gave to me, within my heart is ringing. (Chorus)

Chorus: And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own, and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other, has ever, known!

No comments:

Post a Comment