Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2010 September 15 - Morning Manna

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! (Matthew 6:22-23)


Today's Morsel: What does it mean that the eye is the light of the body? I looked up the word "light", in the Greek, and it says that it was a "portable lamp" or other "illuminator." A lamp is a device that generates light for the purpose of illumination. A second definition of lamp is something that illuminates the mind or soul. We receive much of our information about the world through our eyes. How much we view the world effects our thoughts, and our thoughts effect our souls. Jesus tells us we must keep our eyes clear in order to enjoy a life filled with light. The psalmist said, "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me" (Psalms 101:3). Isn't it time that you trim your lamp and ensure nothing unclean is being placed before your eyes? We need to allow God, through His Word, to reveal to us anything that is unclean and unwholesome for us. As Paul said, "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you" (Philippians 3:15). Keep the light burning within you!

Sing: Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. Open the eyes of my heart. I want to see You, I want to see You. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. Open the eyes of my heart. I want to see You. I want to see You.

Chorus: To see You high and lifted up, shining in the light of Your glory. Pour out Your power and love, as we sing holy, holy, holy. To see You high and lifted up, shining in the light of Your glory. Pour out Your power and love, as we sing holy, holy, holy. Holy, holy, holy. Holy, holy, holy. I want to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment