Saturday, September 18, 2010

2010 September 18 - Morning Manna

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you. (Galatians 4:19-20)


Today's Morsel: The Greek word for the word formed is "morphoō" mor-fo'-o, which means "to fashion." Paul was in much prayer for this church. He was praying that they would come to grips with Christ and that their lives would be fashioned like Him. When Jesus said for us to be perfect even as His father was perfect, He was saying, fashion yourself in the same way. In other words, become complete and content in Him that you would have need for nothing of this world and your life would represent who's you are. When we first begin our Christian walk, it is sometimes a struggle. Like a butterfly in the cocoon, the new is trying to work its way to the outside. The same is with our lives. Once the Holy Ghost comes inside of you, it will begin to do a work on the inside. But not long after, it will begin to work its way to the outside to reveal your beauty. And many times, this is where the struggle begins. The flesh will have to take a backseat to the Spirit, and the flesh doesn't like to relinquish its place. But it's the process that God has chosen to make you beautiful in His time. Paul knew the potential of the Christians at Galatia to whom he wrote. Although he had taught them how to live their lives, the Word was still inside of their heads and had not become evident in their behavior and lifestyle. They were still in the formation stage, and Paul had been living in painful anticipation until that which was known in them would soon become seen. Are you fighting against the Spirit that wants to lead your life? Well, don't fight, but allow God to make something beautiful out of you.

Sing: Here I am, Lord, here I am. I give all myself to you, here I am. Here I am, Lord, here I am, let your spirit move through me, here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment