Friday, September 17, 2010

2010 September 17 - Morning Manna

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19)


Today's Morsel: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again.

Does this nursery rhyme fits your situation? Do you feel as though you are broken-hearted and that there is no one that can help you? Jesus can heal your broken heart. That's what He came to do. Ask Him, as no one else can heal hearts like He can. You see it was for all the broken hearts, broken lives, and broken people that He died on Calvary for. You may think there are certain things you will never be able to forget. Or maybe you know things that seem beyond forgiveness. If this is how you feel today, then let me introduce you to the One who can cure all, Jesus. Only Jesus can heal all things. He paid the price for us. So don't let your heart be troubled and remain broken. Jesus is still in the miracle working business and He can put your life back together again. As He said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."

Humpty Dumpty could have been put back together again if they had called upon the king instead of the king's horses and men. He said," And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me" (Psalms 50:15).

Sing: Something beautiful, something good. All my confusion, Jesus understood. All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something, beautiful out of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment