Where Is Your Trust?
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.” (Psalms 118:1-8)
Today’s Morsel: You know, if I was to take a poll, since the media thinks that everything is based on polls, I wonder what the number would be if I interviewed a thousand people to find out where their number one trust is? I’m sure AI probably already has the answer; but some folks have lost their trust in humans because they have either been hurt or let down by them, they have been lied to or they have been conned. And because humans have disappointed them, some of them don’t even trust in God anymore. When you try to enlighten them that it is not God’s fault that others did them wrong, they still refuse to believe and put their trust in Him. When the children of Israel received the evil report from the spies of what was inside the promised land, they feared and accused Moses of bringing them out to kill them in the wilderness. And no matter how hard Moses, Joshua, and Caleb, tried to convince them to not to lose their trust in God, they would not believe them. So over the next 40 years, many of them died in the wilderness. The psalmist states that it is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. In other words, if you are to put your trust in something, let it be God. Because He will not fail you nor forsake you. God is not the cause of what others do to you. It is their own lust, evil, envy, jealousy, and pride that causes you hurt and harm. It is not God. So, let me encourage you. Don’t lose your trust and confidence in God, He always has your best interest at heart.
Sing: I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the roaring seas; For come what may, from day to day, my heavenly father watches over, over, me.
Thought For Today: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5)
No comments:
Post a Comment