Friday, September 11, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 September 11

I’m Not Going If You Aren’t

“And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight. Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” (Exodus 33:12-15)

Today’s Morsel: Moses seem to have a very good relationship with God. Scripture says “And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend…” (Exodus 33:11) When  I was called by God to carry this precious gospel to the nation of Mongolia, I asked God, like Moses, who was going with me? God said that my wife was going with me. I knew that God was going with me, even though He told me that my wife was going with me. Moses told God that if He was not going with them, then don’t carry them up either. Those are words of faith and confidence from Moses. Moses knew that He would need God and that he wanted assurance that God was going with them. There is nothing wrong with stepping out on faith and going before to a place, but cockiness and pride can get you into a whole lot of trouble. Especially if God has not called you to a work or a place. Moses had a calling of God, and he had God’s word that He would not forsake him, nor leave him, and that He would go with Him. Even though Moses wanted to know who God was sending with him, he wanted God to know that it doesn’t matter who else He’s sending with him, if He wasn’t going, he wasn’t going either. Boldness on Moses part and wisdom on his part as well. Boldness, because he wanted God to know that He needed him; and wisdom to show that he had already learned what happens without God in one’s life. As pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. 

Sing: Lead me, Lord, I will follow, lead me, Lord, I will go; You have called me, I will answer, lead me, Lord, I will go. 

Thought For Today: “Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.” (Psalms 27:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment