Is There Anything Too Hard For The Lord?
“Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.” (Genesis 18:11-15)
Today’s Morsel: Throughout scriptures, we sometimes see folks who take matters into their own hands because they don’t think that God has the power nor the ability to do what He says. When Abraham and Sarah are told that they will have a son in their old age, they both laughed. But God doesn’t laugh with them. God asks them if there is anything too hard for Him to do? Abraham and Sarah are listening and thinking from a natural standpoint and not a spiritual one. When God says that something is going to happen, buckle your seat beat as it will come to pass. He is not a man that He should lie. The writer of Hebrews informs us that God swears by Himself because He doesn’t lie. Mary and Martha were under the idea that there was nothing that could be done for their brother Lazarus, as he had died. Yet Jesus tells them that their brother shall live again. But when Martha confesses that she knows that He will rise and living against in the resurrection in the last day, Jesus tells her that He is the resurrection. What, I believe, He was saying to Martha is, do you think there is something that I can’t do? Do you think that this is too hard for me? When Jesus tells them to roll away the stone from the grave, Martha is befuddled. And when her brother walks out of that grave, she knew that there was nothing too hard for God. Listen, God can take care of your situation if you’d simply believe Him and let Him. The name Isaac means laughter. God always gets the last laugh and the last say. But you can have the last rejoicing for His goodness.
Sing: Nothing is too difficult for Thee, nothing is too difficult for Thee, great and mighty God in counsel, mighty in-deeds, nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing is too difficult for Thee.
Thought For Today: “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAmen! Thank you brother Parker!
ReplyDeleteYesterday I was informed that my beloved Aunt's health is declining and they are planning on moving her into a nursing home. She has yet to be baptized in Jesus's name and receive the Holy Ghost. I wrote her a letter recently telling her about how I received the Spirit. I am believing that God can still open her eyes and she will be born again of water and the Spirit. If anyone could pray for her, her name is Eleanor Ambridge. Thank you very much.