Friday, September 4, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 September 4

Are You Enjoying Life?

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.” (John 5:39-40)

Today’s Morsel: Bottom line up front, if Jesus is not the highest priority in your life, the likelihood of you enjoying life and living a productive life, is going to be very smallest. You may find some enjoyment and laughter here and there, as with some things, because most people do. But enjoyable life and having it more abundant will be sporadic. Let me share with you why. Jesus has already told us in His Word: “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” (John 15:5) We can’t do anything without Him. So, if we are missing the source from which life comes from, then we will not have it. Jesus also tells us: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) Jesus shared these teachings with us so that we could experience His personal overflowing inner joy through a loving relationship with Him, rather than relying on temporary worldly circumstances. When you study the Word of God, you soon discover that true, complete life, joy, and happiness, come from Jesus and by living closely connected to Him. It doesn’t come from money, success, or material things. Jesus links His joy, life, and peace, with keeping His commandments and abiding in His love. “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10) If you want to have life and an enjoyable life, then you must stick close to Him the One who gives us life. 

Sing: I found a new way of living, I found a new life divine, I have the Fruit of the Spirit, I am abiding, abiding in the vine.

Abiding in the vine, abiding in the vine, love, joy, peace, strength, He has made them mine; I have prosperity, power and victory, abiding, abiding, in the vine.

Thought For Today: “These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” (John 15:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment