Thursday, August 3, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 August 3

Go In the Way of Understanding

 

“Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.” 

(Proverbs 9:6)

 

Today’s Morsel: When I was in the military, no matter what class I attended, at the end, the instructor would always ask us, “Do you understand?” It does you no good to hear and not understand. You can have all the education in the world but if you do not know how to use it, it does you no good. That’s why the old folks used to call people, educated fools. When you read the book of Proverbs, Solomon, the wisest man in the world, states, “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” (Proverbs 4:7); “Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” (Proverbs 23:23). It does you no good to get or buy something and you don’t know how it works. Notice todays scripture, forsake the foolish, and live, and go in the way of understanding. It’s not enough to forsake the foolish, but we must join those that walk-in wisdom.  Is wisdom the way of understanding?  “I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.” (Proverbs 8:12-14) Which way are you headed? Is it in the way of understanding? “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” (Jeremiah 6:16). Yes, wisdom is the way of understanding.  Get wisdom, and with all your getting, get understanding.  

 

Sing: Where He leads me, I will follow. Where He leads me, I will follow. Where He leads me, I will follow, I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment