Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 August 9

Glossed Over

 

“Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” 

(Proverbs 3:7)

 

Today’s Morsel: Sin oftentimes is so glossed over that people can’t detect nor recognize it. If you were to tell some folks that the things they are doing are sin, they would probably look at you and reject you. Even our thoughts can be sin if we are not careful. Eve believed the serpent when he told her that if she ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that she would be wise. She didn’t see the sin of disobedience in operation because the serpent concealed it from her. The sin of disobedience and temptation are oftentimes dressed in beauty. This is why you cannot be wise in your own eyes, as there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is the way of death. Daily, you should pray and ask God to keep you covered in His blood, and to give you the spirit of discernment so that you can see truth from error.

 

Sing: Jesus hold my hand, Lord, I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power.  Hear my feeble plea, O’ Lord, look down on me.   When I kneel in prayer, Lord I hope to meet You there, blessed Jesus hold my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment