Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 November 2022

 Wait and Hope

“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27:14)

Today’s Morsel: Throughout scripture, we read continuously to wait on the Lord. In other words, don’t get ahead of God no matter what it may look like. If you have taken your request to God, wait on Him and let Him take care of the situation. Most people take matters into their own hands because they are afraid of death, and they see an evil outcome. But if all things work together for good to them that love God, should we not wait? If our hope is in the Lord, and we are saved by hope, should we not be able to hope? Doesn't scripture give us ample examples of what happens when people wait on God? Joseph was elevated to second in command by Pharoah. Daniel was promoted third behind Belshazzar. Ruth married Boaz and became the great-grandmother of David the King. Abraham and Sarah had a son in old age. Remember, Jesus is our anchor of hope, and He will come through for us if we are willing to wait.

Sing: I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment