Monday, November 14, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 November 2022

 Collar Him

“Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” (James 4:13-17)


Today’s Morsel: We need to put a collar on procrastination. Every day, he runs ramped in just about every home. He is like that neighbor that comes to your home early and doesn’t leave all day. Consuming your valuable time. As a matter of fact, he is the thief of time. Just think about what you could accomplish if you didn’t procrastinate. I was going to mow my lawn one day and I procrastinated and didn’t do it, saying I’ll do it tomorrow. Well, tomorrow came, and with it came the rain. And it rained for the next four days and with all that rain my grass grew taller making it harder for me to cut. And it took me a lot longer. James said we don’t know what tomorrow holds. The same is true with life. We don’t even know if we will be alive tomorrow or not. That adage, don’t put off for tomorrow for what you can do today should be a wake-up call for us not to procrastinate. If you have not been born again yet of the water and the Spirit, according to Acts 2:38, you might want to get it done ASAP. If Jesus comes you don’t get a second chance. And eternity is a long time.

Sing: Jesus said here I stand, won’t you please let me in, and you said I will tomorrow.  Jesus said I am He who supplies all your needs and you said, I know but tomorrow. Oh, tomorrow, I’ll give my life tomorrow, I thought about today, but it’s so easier to say, tomorrow.  Who promised you tomorrow, better choose the Lord today, for tomorrow very well might be today.

Thought For Today: Procrastination is the thief of time. (Charles Dickens)

No comments:

Post a Comment