Monday, November 7, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 November 2022

 Hallelujah Anyhow

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
  
(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

 

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes in my travels, I will come across people that I know were once strong supporters in their church and loved the Lord, but now they are no longer in the church, and in some cases, they don’t even go to church anymore at all.  I don’t usually have to ask them about their walk with God, their decorum normally gives them away. And they will say to me, I just hit a bad time and the church wasn’t teaching the truth, and on they go.  And I just say I thought church was about your relationship with God and not someone else’s.  If other people and their actions can cause you to give up and walk away from the church, you just played right into Satan’s hand.  Habakkuk shows us what our attitude and actions ought to be when things aren't going right in our lives, or we face opposition from others. He said: "I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places." In other words, hallelujah anyhow.

 

Sing:  Oh, glory be to Jesus, let the hallelujahs roll; help me sing the Savior’s praises far and wide.  For I’ve opened up toward heaven all the windows of my soul and I’m living on the hallelujah side.

 

Thought For Today: Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand (Psalms 149:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment