Saturday, November 5, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 November 2022

 Operating In the Will 0f God

“Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

 

Today’s Morsel: Someone asked me one day what is the will of God. I told him, well scripture says in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. He said everything. I said yes, everything. He said what if it's bad! I said scripture says everything. God didn’t say just to give thanks in the good times or for what we think is good. His word just says in everything give thanks. There were, what seemed like a lot of bad things happening to Israel and a lot of it was because of their ingratitude. We read nowhere where they thanked God for delivering them from slavery. We read nowhere where they were thankful for the manna, quail, water in the desert, their clothes not wearing out, or for being delivered from their enemies. We only read of their complaining and murmuring against Moses for bringing them out to kill them. One of the dangers of the sin of unbelief is that it will cause you to be unthankful. If we are going to operate in the will of God, we must learn to have a heart of gratitude, and be willing to give thanks no matter what may come our way.

 

Sing: How do I say thanks for the things You have done for me? Things so undeserved, yet You gave to prove Your love for me.  The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude.  All that I am and ever hope to be I owe it all to Thee.

 To God be the glory, to God be the glory, to God be the glory for the things He has done.  With His blood He has saved me, with His power He has raised me, to God be the glory for the things He has done.

 Oh, just let me live my life, let it be pleasing, Lord, to Thee, and if I should gain any praise let it go to Calvary, (Calvary).  For with His blood He has saved me, with His power He has raised me, to God be the glory for the things He has done.


Thought For Today: Calvary should empower your gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment