Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 November 2022

 New Tongues

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” (Proverbs 18:21)

Today’s Morsel: Do you remember that adage:  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."  Well, that isn’t true. Words can kill you. Words can cause people to fear, commit suicide, run away from home, become depressed, swear, fight, hate, abuse, and even kill.  Most of the filthy language we hear today comes from rap songs, unfiltered television programs, tattoo art parlors, sporting events and sports bars, and even parents and coworkers. And this language is slowly infiltrating its way into the school and churches. And Solomon says that life and death are in the power of the tongue. You can keep using the tongue the wrong way and die, or you can change the way you speak and live. Jesus said that they would speak with new tongues. Once you are filled with the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in another tongue, your new tongue should now cause you to choose your words carefully and cause you to speak words of life and edification.  Your tongue should bring life, not death.  

Sing: If you can use anything Lord, You can use me. If You can use anything Lord, You can use me.  Take my hands Lord and my feet, touch my heart Lord speak through me.  If You can use anything Lord You can use me.

Thought For Today: For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” (Matthew 12:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment