Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 November 2022

 Liberty

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.(Romans 1:8-12)

 

Today’s Morsel: When you have been made free, you understand the importance of intercession for others to be made free and remain free. There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty that makes you rise above your own situation and circumstances and pray for others that may not know God or may be struggling in their walk with Him. But when you know that you have been made free by Jesus, there comes a zeal and eagerness for the freedom of others.  Paul told the church at Rome that he thanked God through Jesus Christ for them all, and that their faith was spoken of throughout the whole world. When is the last time you prayed and thanked God for others who are committed and sold out to God?  If we are not careful, we can waste all our time praying and complaining about backsliders and the uncommitted and forsake praying and giving thanks to God for the faithful. Even though we desire to see the lost saved, don’t ever forget that the cause is greater than the casualty.

Sing: Here my cry, oh Lord, attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee.  And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

Thought For Today: “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” (John 8:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment