Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 February 202`1

 

The Discipline of Desire

 

“But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” 

(1 Corinthians 9:27)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the disciplines of a Christian is to keep their flesh under subjection.  It is tough, but it can be done. The flesh is only going to do what you allow it to do.  You just have to make up your mind and not give in to the tug-of-war of life that will pull against you.  As Christians, if we witness to others to come out of the world, live holy, and be separated unto God, then they must set the example of such in our lives.  If we are preaching to others the importance of being saved, but we are not doing anything to save ourselves, that is foolishness. Paul told the church at Philippi, “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.(Philippians 2:12)  We must go on, walking by the same rule, and minding the same thing, until our salvation becomes completed.  The discipline of desire is the background of character.

 

Sing:  It’s my desire to live for Jesus, it’s my desire to be like Him.  Though oft' I fail and bring Him much shame, it’s my desire to live for Him.

If you could see where Jesus brought me from, to where I am today; You would know the reason why I love Him so; now you can take this world’s wealth and riches; I don’t need earth’s fame; it’s my desire, it’s my desire, to live for Him.

 

Thought For Today: “The discipline of desire is the background of character.”

No comments:

Post a Comment