Saturday, February 13, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 February 2021

 

The Cost Of Love

 

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Around the world, tomorrow people will celebrate Valentine’s Day.  They will buy chocolate, flowers, cards, and dinner, to express their love for their spouses, future spouses, and friends.  But I am of the belief that one of the examples that a person shows someone how much they genuinely love them is the places that they take them.  And I believe that one of those places should be to the church.  As true love flows from the house of God and Jesus is our example of what true love is.  John wrote, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13) He further states, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.(1 John 4:7-8)   Paul wrote, “For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.(Romans 5:7-8)  True love really costs.  Don’t ever forget that Jesus Christ is not only stronger than super-glue, He also has love glue that will hold you and your loved one together.  Why not take your love back to the altar and start afresh!

 

 Sing:  I love you! I love you! I love you! What more can I say, but that I truly love you.  And I'll try to live my life so that it says it too.  I love you, I love you, I truly love you.

 

Thought For Today: Why not take your love back to the altar and start afresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment