Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 December 2020

 

Follow The Instructions

 

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Last year I purchased a desk chair for my wife for Christmas.  When I opened the box and pulled out the papers for the instructions, as I like to follow the instructions when I put things together, there were only pictures.  I guess the company thought if they cannot read they can follow the pictures.  You know that they say a picture is better than a thousand words.  The apostle Paul states that all scriptures are inspired by God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Why do we need instructions to obtain righteousness?  Man needs not only to be made acquainted with truth to be convinced of his error, and to be rehabilitated, but he needs to be taught what is right, or what is required of him in order that he may lead a holy life.  Every changed and regenerated man needs instruction, and should not be left simply with the evidence that he is “rehabilitated, or converted.”  He should be followed up with the principles of the word of God, to show him how he may lead an upright life.  As Solomon states, “Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.(Proverbs 9:9).  The only way you can put your life together correctly is to follow the instructions written in God’s word.

 

Sing:  I saw the light, I saw the light, no more in darkness, no more in the night.  Now I am happy, no sorrow in sight, praise the Lord, I saw the light.

 

Thought For Today: Follow the instructions and they will get you out of darkness.

1 comment: