Thursday, December 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 December 2020

 

Spiritual Surgery

 

And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. I would they were even cut off which trouble you.(Galatians 5:11-12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Wouldn’t it be neat if you could just go to the doctor and have all the evil thoughts and the people that trouble you removed from your mind?  Wouldn’t it be neat to have an inside job done to remove those things?  I was pondering the other day, and I thought to myself, why is it so hard to remove the evil thoughts and thoughts of the past from our minds?  But then I realized that God may be allowing me to retain them so that I will stay humble and realize just how much I truly need Him to stay focused.  We do not have to ponder on the thoughts just because they keep coming up.  We just need to refocus our thoughts on Christ and allow Him to carry us on to the next level.

 

Sing:  Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; and the things of this earth will go strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.

 

Thought For Today:   Stay focused on Jesus and the world will fade away.

 

2 comments:

  1. Good word. I was just driving and had a thought from about 30 years ago. Thank God for the blood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just struggling with my thoughts this morning! And then I read your blog and said "Thank you Jesus! "

    ReplyDelete