Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 December 2020

 

Spiritual Failure

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief(Hebrews 4:1-6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the surest means for spiritual failure is unbelief.  When the children of Israel did not believe God when He told Moses to send men to espy the promised land and they returned with an evil report, the Lord said to Moses, “How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?” (Numbers 14:11)  The Apostle Paul admonishes us, “For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.(Romans 4:3); he continues, “For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.(Romans 3:3-4)  If we want to make heaven and enter into God's rest, then we must take Him at His word and believe it, because that is the only way that we can stop spiritual failure.

 

Sing: I’m going through, yes, I’m going through.  I’ll pay the price, no matter what others do.  I’ll take the way, with the Lord’s despised few.  I started out with Jesus and I’m going through.

 

Thought For Today: “The difference between spiritual failure and spiritual success is obedience.” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment