Friday, December 4, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 December 2020

 

Obedience

 

“This day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.” (Deuteronomy 26:16)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Probably the greatest duty to God is that of obedience.  Moses told the children of Israel that this day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments.  When I was in the army, one of the first things you learned was obedience to commands.  Once you understood those commands, you never forgot them.  Whether they were commands of respect, marching, dress and appearance, customs and courtesy, or service to others, you obeyed the command.   If we desire to be the true Christians that we say that we are, then we must obey God’s word, and learn to do all His laws, statutes, and commands which He requires.  As David wrote, “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.(Psalms 19:7-10)  This virtue must be developed in all of us if we are to please God.

 

Sing:  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

 

When I feel afraid, think I’ve lost my way, still You’re there right beside me, nothing will I fear as long as You are near, please be near me to the end.

 

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

 

Thought For Today: Obedience, the greatest virtue

No comments:

Post a Comment