Saturday, December 19, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 December 2020

 

Finding Good

 

He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.(Proverbs 19:8)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Over the past 35 years, I think that each year, I have read over 75 books each year.  And every year, I find wisdom and something good in each book that I read.  Some people ask me where do I find the time to read so many books?  Well, 66 of them are in the Bible.  I have read my Bible through every year since I have been saved.  The others are books that I read for personal development and part of my hobby.  Solomon said, “He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.”  An indication of how much you love you is how much you seek for wisdom and understanding.  Let me encourage you, the Bible is filled with both wisdom and understanding for your life.  Jesus is the wisdom of God and the power of God. Believe me, there is nothing in life better than the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of God.  Set your goal to read at least 66 books this coming year!

 

Sing:  Something beautiful, something good, all my confusion, Jesus understood.  All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something, beautiful out of my life.

 

Thought For Today:  The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

1 comment: