Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 December 2019


The End

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
(Revelation 1:8)

Today’s Morsel:  They say that all good things must come to an end.  This has been a great year, but it has to come to an end.  God ordained it that way.  Times and seasons.  The Psalms wrote, How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.(Psalms 139:17-18)  When we understand that Jesus is the beginning and the ending, we should get excited. When He closes out one year for us with blessings, He begins another.  Again, the psalmist says He daily loadeth us with benefits (Psalms 68:19).  Don’t ever allow yourself to get into the habit of thinking that another year has ended, and things didn’t go your way. It went your way, just not the way that you wanted it to. Remember, He knows the things we have need of, and that all things do work together for good to them that love Him.   I pray that you had as great a year as I did. And as it comes to an end, may you too understand that something new and wonderful for you is about to begin.

Sing: He’s been faithful, faithful, to me.  Looking back His love and mercies I see.  Though in my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe, yet He’s been faithful, faithful, to me.

Thought For Today: The ending is just the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment