Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 December 2019


All I Want For Christmas

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.(James 1:17)

Today’s Morsel:  When I was a kid during this time of year, it wasn’t uncommon to hear kids singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" as most of us had lost them.  It was a fun little song to sing. Somewhat like all the Christmas songs.  To me, Christmas songs are to make us realize what Christmas is all about.  The birth of our Savior and the gift that He would bring with Him for us.  No, Christmas isn’t Santa Claus, it’s about Jesus, and Jesus is the real deal. Santa Claus' gifts are like him, temporal and non-lasting.  But the gifts that Jesus brought with Him are eternal and forever.  I guess if someone were to ask me what I want for Christmas, it would be that all those who say that they know Him  and have received the perfect gift from Him, would live their lives and reflect Him to others, and to show others how they too can receive this perfect gift of the Holy Ghost (which is Jesus) that will never fade away.  Why not give someone something about Jesus this year.  He is the only good and perfect gift.

Sing: The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You. The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.  I want to know You more; I want to know You more.  The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You.


No comments:

Post a Comment