Monday, December 30, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 December 2019


The Holy Ghost

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins. And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey; And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him
  
(Mark 1:1-10)

Today’s Morsel:  John, the forerunner for Jesus, had one purpose, the preparation of the hearts of the people for the coming of the Lord.  John knew that he did not have what the people needed.  He could only bring them a message of hope to turn their hearts and prepare them for the one that would give them the power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy.  John knew that when Jesus came, things would be different.  Lives would be renewed.  Families would be restored.  Outlook on life would be different. The one they had waited for His glory would be revealed to them.  And so, John told them that he was only baptizing them with water, but Jesus would baptize them with the Holy Ghost; His Spirit and His power.  Have you been baptized with His Spirit?  Jesus has come, there is no need to wait any longer.  

Sing:  Baptize me Jesus, with the Holy Ghost.  I shall have power, Your word says so.  Satan is busy, trying to turn me around, but I’m determined to stand my ground.  I can’t do it, I can’t do it, until You baptize me with the Holy Ghost.

Thought For Today:  The power is in the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment