Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 January 2020


A Fresh Start

“The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk. Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk? And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:10-14)

Today’s Morsel: How would you have like to been Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden after they sinned and clothed themselves with fig leaves?  I wonder how often they had to change them.  Maybe this is where the idea for first hula skirts came from.  Or the man mentioned here that was at the pool for 38 years and could never go swimming?   The only reason here there seems to be for getting into the pool was for healing once the angel troubled the water.  Don’t ever let the swimming pool trump the church.  One of the things I find about Jesus, as He’s God in flesh, is that He’s willing to give everyone a fresh start.  He even made coats of skins for Adam and Eve, and I believe it was so they would not have to keep sewing figs leaves together.  And He told the man at the pool to take up his bed and walk.  The Bible says that He makes all things new.  When we are born again, God is giving us a fresh start, He doesn’t want us to continue down the same old path that caused us hardships and troubles in the first place.  Just as He told the man whom He healed at the pool, go and sin no more.

Sing: He took my sins away, He took my sins away, and He keeps me singing every day.  I’m so glad He took my sins away; He took my sins away.


Thought For Today:  “Don’t ever let the swimming pool trump the church.”

No comments:

Post a Comment