Thursday, December 12, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 December 2019


Write the Vision

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.(Habakkuk 2:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  Write the vision and make it plan.  Put the bottom line up front.  King Solomon wrote in Proverbs 22:17-21, “Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge. For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips. That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?”  The prophet must write the vision. Thus, when John had a vision of the New Jerusalem, he was ordered to write.And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.(Revelation 21:5)   He must write it, that he might imprint it on his own mind and make it more clear to himself, but especially that it might be notified to those in distant places and transmitted to those in future ages.  You don’t sugarcoat the gospel and the doctrine of Jesus Christ and His apostles.  It must be written plainly.  Maybe this is the reason people are not committed to the church; the vision of eternity isn’t written plain enough.

Sing: Onward to the prize before me, soon His beauty we’ll behold; soon the pearly gates will open; we shall tread the streets of God.
When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory.

Thought For Today: What is your understanding of eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment