Friday, December 6, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 December 2019


Who Are You Walking With?

Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities. Can two walk together, except they be agreed?(Amos 3:1-3)
  
Today’s Morsel:  It seems that every time I pick up a “People’s Magazine” or listen to the news someone is getting divorced.  I’m not throwing stones here.  But how can so many people walk down the aisles, say I do, get married, and not agree with each other?  As the old 60’s song said, “Where did our love go?”  You can’t truly walk together unless you agree with each other.  Solomon admonishes us to make sure thy friend (Proverbs 6:3).  And Jesus said that if the blind leads the blind they will both fall into the ditch (Matthew 15:14).  Are you in agreement with the person you are with?  One of the best ways to ensure that the person you are about to say, “I do” and agree with is real is to ensure that each of you love Jesus more than the other.  If that piece is real, the relationship will be real and remain solid.  A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Sing: Let me walk with You Jesus. Don’t ever leave me alone. For without You, I could never, no, never make heaven my home.

Thought For Today: A house divided against itself cannot stand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment