Monday, June 17, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 June 2019


Call To Remembrance

“And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.” (Hebrews 12:5-8)

Today’s Morsel:  Every now and then God needs to jangle my chain to remind me of His goodness. He shouldn’t have to, but He does.  You see, every now and then I seem to get into one of those complaining modes like Elijah, where I think I’m the only one and no one else cares, to which God reminds me I’m not.  And he tells me to stop complaining before I get overwhelmed.  The writer of Hebrews tells us, “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.”  When we are going through things, God may be correcting us the same way a natural father does.  He said that if God doesn’t correct us, then we are not His.  Aren’t you glad for His correction?  He only does it for our good.

Sing: He’s changing me, my blessed Savior, I’m not the same person that I use to be.  Well, it’s been slow going, but there’s a knowing that someday perfect I will be.

Thought For Today: If you be without chastisement you aren’t His. 

1 comment:

  1. I have gone through your post and came to know that it is regarding the illusion of control. But this concept is not at all clear to me. I would like to know more on this topic. Please provide itjogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete