Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 November 14

“As the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did, and they divided the land. Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea. Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart. Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God. And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God. And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in. Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said. And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance. Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the LORD God of Israel” (Joshua 14:5-14).

Today’s Morsel:  What do you do to keep yourself motivated and ready for what God may send your way? Caleb was 40-years old when Moses chose him to spy out the promised land for the children of Israel.  Caleb gave a good report of the land and believed that God would give it to them.  However, the people didn’t believe him and Joshua and, so they had to endure another 40 years in the wilderness.  We see in today scriptures that they are now in the promised land, Caleb is now 85 years old and he asks his friend and leader, Joshua, to give him the land that God told Moses that he would give him because of his faithfulness.  And Joshua gave him Hebron which would become one of David’s garrisons.  “And the time that David was king in Hebron over the house of Judah was seven years and six months” (2 Samuel 2:11).  We must always remember, the place that God gives us may someday be the place that He desires to build His church.  Keep building your faith and keep pressing forward.  

Sing:  Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary; pure and holy, tried and true.  With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living, sanctuary for you.

Thought For Today: Army Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment