Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 November 22

​​“Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever” (Psalms 28:6-9)

Today’s Morsel:  This is one of those passages which frequently occurs in the Psalms, it occurs when there has been an earnest and anxious prayer offered to God and when the answer to the prayer seems to be immediate.  The mind of the anxious and troubled pleader becomes calm; the promises of God are brought directly to the soul; the peace which was sought is obtained, and he who began the psalm with deep anxiety and trouble of mind rejoices at the close of it in the evidence of the divine favor and love.  The answer to prayer so far as giving calmness and assurance to the mind is concerned, is often immediate.  The troubled spirit becomes calm; and whatever may be the result in other respects, the heart is made peaceful and confident, and it feels the assurance that all will be well (taken from Barnes Commentary).

Sing:  God is my refuge and strength, my refuge in time of trouble, trouble.  God is my refuge and strength, my refuge in time of trouble.  And He will hide me, under the rock, under the Rock, under the Rock.  And He will hide me, under the Rock, and I’ll be safe in the time of trouble.

Thought For Today:  His strength is made perfect in our weakness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment