Thursday, November 16, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 November 16

“And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her” (Ruth 1:16-18).

Today’s Morsel:  I really like reading about Ruth.  To me, Ruth is a story of commitment on every page.  Whether it’s her or Boaz whom she would marry, they are both committed people.  Ruth was committed to her marriage vows, and, by all account, to her first husband.  We see her unwillingness to not leave her mother-in-law; Ruth was committed to this family and to God’s people.  And because of her willingness to choose the God of Israel as her God, God blessed her faithfulness and commitment by giving her another husband of His people and He brings her into the lineage line of His earthly birth.  You never know what your commitment to God and His people will produce.  Just rest assured, God will take notice.  Commitment is a choice.  And it is a choice that pays high dividends.

Sing:  Jesus use me, O’ Lord don’t refuse me, for surely there’s a work, that I can do.  And even though its humble, Lord help my will to crumble.  Though the cost be great I’ll work for You.

Thought For Today: Commitment is a choice (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment