Friday, November 24, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 November 24

“And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:3-5).

Today’s Morsel:  So many seem to be concerned with the end-times.  Granted this is important, but I don’t see those who are concerned about it letting go of the things of this world.  Many of them continue to operate as everyone else not concerned about Christ’s coming.  I think if I was as concerned as some of those say they are, I would sell all and follow Him.  Since Jesus said that no man knows the minute or the hour in which He will return, none of us is going to be able to pinpoint when He is coming.  Therefore, I believe as my pastor taught me to.  I live as though He is coming this very moment, and plan as if He is not coming for a hundred years.  The disciples asked Jesus three questions?  
1.  When those things should take place?
2.  What should be the signs of His own coming?
3.  What should be the signs that the end of the world was near?
And Jesus told them, “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows” (Matthew 24:4-8).  Jude said that the best way to not be deceived was, “That ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints, and to keep ourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life” (Jude 1:3;21).  Look for and be prepared for His soon coming.  It's the only way to live.  

Sing: O’ my brother are you ready for the call, to crown Your Savior King and Lord of all?  The kingdoms of the world, shall soon before Him fall, we shall see the King when He comes.

Thought For Today: Be not deceived!

No comments:

Post a Comment