Saturday, April 1, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 1

As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion. (Proverbs 11:22)

Today’s Morsel:  When I entered 9th grade, I decided to take Future Farmers of America (FFA).  Since my dad was a farmer, I thought about taking this path as a career, too.  But God had other plans.  However, one of the things I learned was how to raise hogs.  One thing I learned is that hogs don’t like to stay where you put them.  They will do everything they can to get out.  And often, they will do this by rooting with their noses into the ground close to the fence to get out.  And so, we would put a staple into their noses to prevent them from rooting.  Solomon said, “As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.”  He said, the same way it is for a hog to have a gold jewel in his nose it is the same as being a beautiful woman who has not discretion, tact, morals and decorum.   He is saying it is all useless.  His caution is for women of God to be careful how they conduct themselves.  Holiness is still beautiful.

Sing:  Jesus got a hold of my life and He won’t let me go. Jesus got into my heart, He got into my soul.  I used to be oh so sad, but now I’m happy, free and glad, because Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go.

Thought For Today:  Holiness is still beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. "O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth."

    "But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

    Thank you Jesus for judgment according to the sight of righteousness, and not my eyes.

    ReplyDelete