Saturday, April 22, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 22

“Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying. And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him. John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease. He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all” (John 3:25-31)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the toughest things that I found among true leaders in the military, was that of relinquishing command.  It was always hard for them to let go of the reins.  Because they understood the mission and were familiar with the people, it was hard for them to turn loose.  But not John the Baptist.  John understood his role was temporal.  He knew that he had one purpose and that was to set the stage for Jesus.  And once Jesus began His ministry, John realized that he needed to get out of the way.  He said, "I must decrease and He must increase."  Is it time for you to decrease so that others may increase in their ministry?

Sing:  Oh! say, but I’m glad.  Oh! say, but I’m glad; Jesus had come and my cup’s over-run; Oh! say, but I’m glad.

Thought For Today:  Decrease me lesser (Parker)

1 comment:

  1. Jesus at the center of it all...it's all about You, it's not about me.

    ReplyDelete