Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 19

“And Israel beheld Joseph's sons, and said, Who are these? And Joseph said unto his father, They are my sons, whom God hath given me in this place. And he said, Bring them, I pray thee, unto me, and I will bless them. Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them. And Israel said unto Joseph, I had not thought to see thy face: and, lo, God hath shewed me also thy seed. And Joseph brought them out from between his knees, and he bowed himself with his face to the earth. And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him. And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn. And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day, The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth” (Genesis 48:8-16).

Today’s Morsel:  Bestowing blessing upon our children and grandchildren should be every parent’s desire.  When Joseph brought his sons to see their grandfather Jacob prior to his death, Jacob bestowed a blessing upon them praying that God would not only let his name be upon them, but also the name of their great grandfather Isaac and their great, great, grandfather Abraham; and that they would grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.  The greatest blessings that we can bestow upon our children and grandchildren is that of asking God to keep them from evil and to fill them with His Spirit, that they would walk worthy of Him, serving Him all the days of their lives.

Sing:  I am blessed, I am blessed; every day that I live I am blessed; when I wake-up in the morning, till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.

Thought For Today:  Be Blessed! 

1 comment: