Friday, March 31, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 March 31

“When the LORD thy God shall enlarge thy border, as he hath promised thee, and thou shalt say, I will eat flesh, because thy soul longeth to eat flesh; thou mayest eat flesh, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after. If the place which the LORD thy God hath chosen to put his name there be too far from thee, then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the LORD hath given thee, as I have commanded thee, and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after. Even as the roebuck and the hart is eaten, so thou shalt eat them: the unclean and the clean shall eat of them alike. Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh” (Deuteronomy 12:20-23).

Today’s Morsel:  I like a good steak, but I can’t eat it raw. I like fish, but again, I can’t eat it raw as some folks do. Even Jesus cooked his food!  The children of Israel were told to not eat the blood with the flesh because the life of the flesh was in the blood.  The blood is for the remission of sins which gives us newness of life, and the flesh represents His broken body for us.  The writer of Hebrews tells us, “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission” (Hebrews 9:22).  Jesus, as the Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth, shed His blood to give us life.  The blood over the doorpost gave Israel life.  And the blood applied to you in the waters of baptism will give you life.  Have you experienced that newness of life?  It is available to each of us today.

Sing:  The blood that Jesus shed for me, way back on Calvary, it is the blood that gives me strength from day to day, it will never lose its power.

Thought For Today:  Life is in the blood. 

1 comment:

  1. By His stripes I am healed; He cleanses me of ALL unrighteousness. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete