Saturday, April 29, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 April 29

To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats” (Isaiah 1:11).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the major training methods that the Army used when I was on active duty, was called “Battalion Training Management System” (BTMS).  And one of the major objectives in this training process was that of the “PURPOSE”.  You had to stress the purpose for the training so that soldiers knew how it would benefit them on the battlefield.  Failure to give the “purpose” was a sure cause for failure if the training was being inspected by higher headquarters.  God asked the people to what purpose is the multitude of their sacrifice to Him?  In other words, why are you still doing it when I don’t like it.  Are you in a rut with your sacrifices to God and you don’t know it?  When is the last time you examined yourself to see if you are doing the same old thing repeatedly just out of routine and without meaning?  It may be time for you to do something new that may be well pleasing to God and meaningful to your relationship with Him.  

Sing: For me, for me, for me, there’s a mansion there for me, in glory land, so bright and far, where the victor's crown I soon shall wear.  Come and go with me, for I won’t be back you’ll see, if anybody's gonna be happy over there, it’s me, me, me, me, me.

Thought For Today:  When you know the purpose, you will know the cause.

1 comment: