Friday, May 1, 2015

2015 May 1 - Morning Manna

Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? (Galatians 5:7)

Today's Morsel: We hear a lot in the news and media today of great men and women running in races. Some are  team races, bike races, motor car races, and team relay races.  Some win,  but only to have their trophies  revoked all because they did not run the race according to the rules. I think probably one of the saddest events I've seen lately was the little league team from Great Lake, Illinois, outside Chicago, who won the Little League world Series, only to have their trophy revoked because the coaches didn't follow the rules.  Paul used many of the day to day activities that surrounded him to explain to the people the value and the importance of obeying God's word and the gospel.  He told the church at Galatia that they had run well but then asked who did hinder them that they should not obey the truth.  When we become Christians, the Bible becomes our rule book for the race that we have entered.  If we do not read it and follow the rules, it's not going to be God's fault if we are not crowned but cast away.  Jesus said:  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23). James lets us know that if we do not obey the word of God, we are deceiving our own selves. "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:21-22). And Paul told the church at Philippi,  "Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain" (Philippians 2:16).  Paul knew the rules and he wasn't about to violate them.  What about you?  Do you know the rules for the race you are now in?  Whatever you do, don't disqualify yourself from entering into heaven. (See also 2 Peter 1:5-11)

Sing:  For Me! For Me! For Me! There's a mansion there for me, in glory land, so bright and fair, where the victor's crown I soon shall wear, come and go with me, for I won't be back you  see, if anybody's gonna be happy over there, it's me! Me! Me! Me! Me!

Thought for Today: Is your crown in jeopardy?

No comments:

Post a Comment