Thursday, June 12, 2014

2014 June 12 - Morning Manna

Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.  (Isaiah 45:11)
 
Today's Morsel:  I asked my wife a few days ago, what she thought La Crosse, the place we now live, would be like if the Lord should tarry for another thousand years?  Do these questions ever cross your mind?  The Lord said that we should ask Him concerning my sons.  As a matter of fact, He said that we should command Him concerning the work if His hand, the things that He has made.  Peter said, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat" (2 Peter 3:9-12).  Peter lets us know that where we are right now is someday going to be burned up and none of us knows when.  And since none knows when and I don't like to be burned, I think I'll do everything I can to remain smoke free.
 
Sing: O' my brother are you ready for the call, to crown your Savior King, and Lord of all. The kingdom of this world, shall soon before Him fall, we shall see the King when He comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment