Monday, June 9, 2014

2014 June 9 - Morning Manna

Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.  (Psalms 119:18)
 
Today's Morsel: So many people seem to hate laws. The reason being is that they see laws as someone trying to tell them what to do.  But really, laws are for our protection.  I think of my accident last December, of what could have happened to me if I had not followed the law to wear my seat belt.  I don't think I would be writing this if I had not followed that law.   I'm sure there are many people suffering today because they failed to obey a law that was given.  I've seen people walk away from the church because they felt that someone was trying to tell them what they could and could not do.  But some of those same people's lives are so soon turned upside down because they left and did not heed the law that the church was trying to teach them from God's word.  God's law to the children of Israel was for their protection.  But they failed to obey it, they rejected it, and it cost many of them their lives.  The Psalmist prayed, "Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law."  When is the last time you prayed for God to open your eyes so you could see the wondrous things in His law?  Remember, the law had one goal, to bring us to Christ and that hasn't changed.
 
Sing:  The Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimonies of the Lord are sure, making wise the simple; more to be desired are they than gold, yeah much fine gold; sweeter also than the honey, and the honeycomb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment