Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2014 June 25 - Morning Manna

Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the LORD; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
(Jeremiah 25:7)
 
Today's Morsel: If you were to do an evaluation of  all the bad things taking place in your life, how much of it would you say was caused by you?  I've come to realize that many people create their own hurt the same way the Lord told Jeremiah.  They get involved with people without first checking and observing peoples' character, they make decisions without conferring with their pastor, mentor, or God's word, before diving headlong into major purchases or relocation, and many of them keep charging on their credit cards not realizing that payments are going to come due.  The Lord said through Jeremiah that the people had not harkened to Him but provoked Him to anger by their works which brought hurt to themselves (my wording). Let me encourage you, check your actions and the things you are about to do to ensure that they are going to be well pleasing to God.  If not, it may bring you hurt.
 
Sing: Does He still feel the nails, every time I fail, can He hear the crowd cry "Crucify again"?   Am I causing You pain, then I know I've got to change, I never want to hurt You again.
 
Thought for Today: "Don't create your own hurt"

No comments:

Post a Comment