Saturday, February 8, 2014

2014 February 8 - Morning Manna


For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both. And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees' part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God. And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle. And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome. And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul. (Acts 23:8-12)
 
Today's Morsel:  A guy asked me once If I would like to participate in a religious debate.  I asked him for what purpose?  I told him that I don't need to debate the word of God, it defends itself.  The word of God tells us to shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  (2 Timothy 2:16).  If a person is already ungodly, some religious debate isn't going to change him.  Solomon tells us, "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit" (Proverbs 26:4-5).  When Paul knew that the Sadducees and the Pharisees were at odds over doctrinal beliefs, he let them argue among themselves.  Those of us who walk in the light, must abide in the light.  So be of good cheer and continue to be a witness in your life for Him.
 
Sing: Just like the blind man God gave back his sight, He didn't know which way was right, but when He turned around and saw Jesus standing by, he cried, 'Praise the Lord, I see the light.'
I saw the light, I saw the light, no more in darkness, no more in the night.  Now I'm so happy, no sorrow in sight.  Praise the Lord, I saw the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment