Monday, February 17, 2014

2014 February 17 - Morning Manna

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (Colossians 3:12-17)

Today's Morsel: I've been looking at and listening to this thing called peace.  We hear of peace talks, but very little comes of them.   We hear of peace accords and nothing comes of that.  We hear people say, I just wish they would give me some peace.  Isaiah said that God would keep us in perfect peace, but few seem to find it.  And the apostle Paul tells us that we should let the peace of God rule in our hearts, but few do.  And so we wonder why people seem to have no peace, but rather turmoil in their lives.  If Jesus is the Prince of Peace, and He is, and we are told to allow Him to rule and rein over our minds and thoughts, shouldn't we obey.  If God will keep me in perfect peace if I keep my mind on Him, shouldn't I?  And if He's asking to lead me, shouldn't I let Him? When we submit our will to His will, we will live in a calm and serene state.  If God can stand on the bow of a ship and tell the wind and the waves to be at peace, don't you think He can keep you in perfect peace.  Remember, God is not the author of confusion, but peace.

Sing: Peace, peace, wonderful peace, coming down from the Father above, sweep over my spirit forever I pray, in fathomless billows of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment