Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 February 1 - Morning Manna

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
(Joshua 24:15)

Today's Morsel: Choose twelve men to view one subject, and there will be twelve different perspectives.  Two kids can grow up in the same home and be exposed to the same teaching and training yet they will often respond differently.  The parents' love or lack of love and their teaching, right or wrong, are not the only determining factor of their destiny.   It is based on what each child decides. Decisions, right or wrong, are based on perspectives.  And perspective are predicated on many things such as character, values, age, background, training, culture, and morals.  All twelve men that Moses chose, by all accounts, saw the same things.  The difference was their perspective.  Another point we must understand is that when we murmur and complain we often times will not make the right decisions or select the correct course  for our lives.  Israel had murmured and complained so much on their journey to the Promise Land that their minds were fogged of God's abilities.  And so now Joshua, one of the original twelve chosen by Moses, who made the right choice in the beginning, again offered them a chance to decide again.  He said, now God is giving you another shot at this thing (my wording). And so he tell them, "But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua said, I've made my decision and it's going to be the Lord.  And so I say to you today, choose.  As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Sing: I choose to be a Christian, I choose to be like Him, nobody's making me doing it, this is how I choose to live; you decide for you, and I'll decide for me, and since the choice is mine, this is how I'm going be.  

So don't look at me with sympathy, and think that I'm being cheated by all those crazy things that you call fun; because one day when you're getting down on the dark side of town, this choice, I made will be lifting me out of here.

Oh I choose to be a Christian, I choose to be like Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment